The Fairground Inn
For more than 40 years, Charlie Coniglio ran one of Watertown’s favorite dining spots. Just after prohibition was lifted in 1933, Mr. Coniglio established the Fairground Inn, one of the first Italian restaurants in Watertown. It was also the first local tavern to have a television set and soon became a favorite gathering place for local men to watch sporting events.
In 1977, Leo R. Coleman, Jr. purchased the Fairground Inn, shortly after Mr. Coniglio’s retirement. In keeping with the original menu, Mr. Coleman continues to serve Italian and American fare along with his now “Famous” Gourmet Sandwich menu.
In the dining room, the original wood booths are still in use, even though the restaurant has been remodeled and modernized several times since 1933.
852 Coffeen St
Watertown, NY 13601